Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The writers reference books I use are a good dictionary, thesaurus, and style guide. Can you suggest others?



Your Ad Here



Writers
by Steve Rhodes

Question by james p: The writers reference books I use are a good dictionary, thesaurus, and style guide. Can you suggest others?

I'm not looking for internet resouces, but real books. I've also got several English grammer books, foreign language dictionaries, and two atlases.
I see advertisements for writers that need to find just the right word, but I can't buy them all just to try them out.
Any suggestions?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by Lakely
Strunk's "Elements of Style"

It is the long standing guide for writers.

Find it at New Free Books. It's near the bottom of the website.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment