Sunday, January 23, 2011

Q&A: How do you fix a garden that’s being overrun by stuff that’s been planted in the past?



Your Ad Here



Garden
by UGArdener

Question by Paul: How do you fix a garden that's being overrun by stuff that's been planted in the past?

I've been trying to fix up my garden, but it seems like the old stuff keeps growing back.

The culprits are those furry leaves that look like rabbit ears, and there's also some wildflowers. They keep coming back (big-time).

How do I renovate the garden so I can start over fresh? It's in-between my patio and the surrounding fence. It's in an L-shape, wrapped around the patio. I'd say it's about 18' long, by 2' wide.

And if I have to dig all the old stuff up... how deep do I have to go? And how would I get rid of the dirt, and find new dirt to replace it?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by jimbohennessy
Yes, you are definatly going to have to till or dig up the area and get all of the roots out and start over. Be sure to get all the roots out, but you don't need to replace the dirt.





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment