Friday, January 21, 2011

How do I build a garden on my balcony?



Your Ad Here



Garden
by Stuck in Customs

Question by chandra b:

How do I build a garden on my balcony?



Your Ad Here





I live in an apartment with a balcony. I would like to grow my own vegetables and herbs such as cilantro. How do I build a vegetable garden on my balcony. Lots of sun shines on my balcony in the morning and some to none by mid-afternoon/evening. I appreciate your gardening wisdom.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by Sandy G
You need to use individual pots and boxes. You need them as large as possible, but you need to be able to move them when they are full of dirt, so don't go over the top. Don't forget, you have to get those sacks of potting soil up to your apartment. Make sure that you water frequently. On hot summer days, plants dry out very fast. Don't be too ambitious to start out with. Try a few pots of herbs and patio-type tomatoes and peppers, then build up each year.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment