Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Q&A: What are some good ways to talk to children about the dangers of firearms?



Your Ad Here



Children
by The Library of Congress

Question by groundbrandon: What are some good ways to talk to children about the dangers of firearms?

For law enforcement day I was given the opportunity to pass out firearms locks then talk to children on the dangers of firearms. I thought I be patrolling the mall to be honest. But, being a rookie I was assigned to help Harrold pass out gun locks to the parents to keep our children in the community safe from the dangers of an unlocked gun. We also had certificates to pass out to the kids after talking to them about the dangers of a firearm. After they promised to not touch the firearm they would sign this. I wasn't expecting so many parents wanting me to discuss the dangers of firearms to their children. They also thanks me afterwards so I see the importance. Basically it seems that the children see the badge and like to hear it from an authoritative figure. I feel I did a pretty good job but I'm looking for ideas on how I can improve my discussions on firearm dangers. Thanks!
Thanks so much already I only had about 5 min. with each child




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by Stacy K
Inform the children on the dangers of firearms, then split them into groups, and ask them questions on what was said today and make a prize for the winning team. Kids will just eat it up!!

Good luck





Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment