Thursday, February 17, 2011

How do I write my memoirs?



Your Ad Here



Memoirs
by Robert Bejil Photography

Question by DietrichVonQuint:

How do I write my memoirs?



Your Ad Here





I am 24, but I would like to document my experiences for future historians studing OIF and the "War On Terror" in general. Any insights would be helpful.
Thank you for the suggestions. My question is what should I put in and what should I leave out? Some of the mundane stuff can be quite boring. Yet that is the good stuff for the future. PS I did not keep any notes during the time in question. So would it still be a Memoir? or would it be fiction?




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by robertmcarthur48
Basically, memoirs are a tightened up personal diary. Go back in your mind and start writing, as close as you can, to set dates of memorable events, epiphanies, insights, etc...up to present. Then review it all and re-write for an audience. Suggest you read other people's memoirs for a variety of formats...Winston Churchill and other such figures...all have a slightly different style but by reading theirs, you will develop an idea of the style you want to write in.

The essence of being a good writer is having read....A LOT...and then thinking about what you read, how it was written, what impressed you and what bored you...and then take the best and use it.





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment